Elevation Media Group, Inc., publishers of Denver Life Magazine, Denver Life Weddings and Denver Life home+design, is looking for qualified candidates for the following positions:
Junior Graphic Designer
The Junior Graphic Designer, under the direction of the Art Director, will be required to conceive and design online and print material, including email, banner ads, social media graphics, photo retouching and cropping, landing pages, postcards, signage and other print collateral as well as special advertising sections within Denver Life Magazine, Denver Life Weddings and Denver Life home+design publications.
The successful candidate will demonstrate solid design principles, strong typographical knowledge and the ability to work with team members in a fast paced environment to ensure materials are of high quality and meet expectations as well as deadlines. Candidate will also be expected to generate ideas and help others throughout the creative thinking and brain storming processes.
Candidate must have direct experience in magazine layout, digital imaging, photography and advertising layout. Strong command of formats, typography, graphics, and layout. Strong command in current graphic and web design software including Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator). CMS/HTML knowledge to update current website and its content. Mac preferred.
This position will begin as a part-time / hourly placement moving to a salary position on January 1, 2015. Candidate will be considered for the full-time salary position when the interview process begins in December, 2014.
Please email your resume and sample portfolio to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Elevation Media Group is expanding its sales team and is looking for highly motivated, highly energized, experienced sales professionals to work with advertising clients. Advertising and sales experience is required. The magazine has very high production values and is an attractive product to sell. Candidates must exhibit every level of professionalism, professional appearance, organizational skills, and have an outgoing personality. Ability to develop new business is a must.
The position is 100% commission-based, with unlimited potential for annual earnings. We offer a simple compensation plan based solely on sales earned. We do not cap the commissions, so your earning potential truly is unlimited. Elevation Media Group strives to maintain a fun, enjoyable and comfortable work atmosphere in order to ensure the satisfaction of our employees as they are the keys to the company’s success.
Qualifications: 2 years of sales experience is a requirement and preferred within the advertising arena. Candidate must be a highly organized individual with the ability to prospect, cold call, develop new business accounts while also servicing/managing accounts.
How to Apply: Please email your resume and 10 reasons why you are our ideal candidate to: email@example.com
Responsibilities include proofreading, fact-checking, writing and assisting the editorial team with various projects. This is an exciting and rewarding opportunity for a journalism student or recent journalism graduate who is seeking to gain experience in the magazine publishing field. Editorial interns work closely with our editorial team and often interface with clients and local community professionals, therefore ideal candidates are deadline-oriented, possess polished communication skills, a positive attitude and an attention for detail. At least 15-20 hours per week with flexible work hours. This internship is for credit hours only; it is an unpaid position.
Interested individuals should submit a resume and three writing samples (published work if available) to:
Public Relations and Event Intern
Elevation Media Group, Inc. is seeking talented individuals who crave learning new skills and aren’t afraid to tackle big projects. As an intern you will get to work with a variety of our staff and will work on real projects, helping us grow as a company.
The ideal candidate will work closely with the public relations and events manager to plan, execute, and manage the multi-faceted public relations efforts of the company. Applicants should have excellent communication skills, demonstrate creativity and understand the importance of attending to even the smallest details.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Brainstorm and post content and monitor all social media platforms
- Assist with the Denver Life Magazine website re-design
- Research and develop prospects for partnerships for the three publications
- Help plan and execute a new culinary event in conjunction with Denver Life Magazine
- Work with current and prospective advertising clients to generate support for the various nonprofit organizations Elevation Media Group, Inc. sponsors
- Attend media and nonprofit events with staff and/or independently as available
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with extensive knowledge of Web and social media
- Background in Marketing, Communication, Public Relations or other related discipline
- Commit to working 15-20 hours/week, with flexibility for evening and weekend events
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
Interested individuals should submit a resume and cover letter to:
Public Relations & Events Manager
The ideal candidate will meet the following qualifications:
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s Degree program with an emphasis on Graphic Design
- Proficient in Mac OS X, CS 5.5: InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat, Bridge, Microsoft Office and FTP
- Ability to meet deadlines in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- A professional demeanor, good phone skills and the ability to communicate with people from all walks of life
- All applicants must be based in Denver or the surrounding area.
Responsibilities of the job will include:
- Assisting the Creative Director through every phase of assembling a magazine, from design, layout and production of editorial and advertising as well as marketing materials.
- Organizing and maintaining archives.
- Filing, updating web sites, assisting with photo shoots, running errands, working events, press checks and generally helping out with whatever needs to be done.
- At least 15-20 hours per week with flexible work hours. This internship is for credit hours only; it is an unpaid position.
Organized and enthusiastic candidates should send a cover letter, resume and a few samples of work in PDF format to: