With these canine-walking apps, you won’t have to worry about leaving Fido at home.
Show your dog some love by letting it walk and play while you’re off at work or out on the town. These six dog walking apps will help you feel secure about the attention your pet is receiving when you’re not around.
- Stuck in a meeting and need a last-minute dog walker? Try Rover, the Uber of dog walking apps. Request a walk, and a nearby, certified walker will accept the job and get your furry friend out in a jiff. Afterward, you’ll get a map of where your pet walked, the distance walked, along with a picture. Rover’s walkers also offer boarding and pet sitting. Book a pet sitter with a donation badge, and a percentage of the proceeds will be donated to one of 250 animal charities. Rates vary by location.
- As its name suggests, this app will leave your dog wagging. Like Rover, it offers on-demand or pre-scheduled walks and pet sitting services. At the end of the walk you’ll receive a progress report with the distance traveled, time spent on the walk, whether or not your dog did its business, and a cute picture of the satisfied pooch. Walks tend to cost around $20.
- Originally started as a service to find reputable child care, Care.com has branched out to pet care. You can book a walk on-demand or schedule in advance on the website or app. Browse the large database of experienced walkers with their rates, years of experience, and average response time listed. The average walk costs $11.50.
- Sick of perusing Instagram and Facebook and seeing posts unrelated to pets? Get your pet fix with Pawpular, a dog walking app that is also a social media platform. The app allows you to book a 30-minute walk starting at $15, request a check-in visit, or get boarding or a house sitter. Pawpular offers other unique features, like posting lost or found pictures, searching for adoptable pets, and creating a meetup so you can walk your dog with others.
- The PetBacker app has it all. When your pet is ready for a walk, the app will send you the names of five available walkers and their prices to choose from (average price: $15). They also offer a pet taxi to shuttle your dog wherever it needs to be, as well as grooming and pet-sitting. With every service booked, you earn points that can turn into discounts on future services.
- Emergencies happen. This app encourages you to connect with trusted neighbors and peers to look after your fur baby when things come up—these are your “heroes.” Walks are typically around $10, and if you return the favor, the price drops. In turn, Heroly tries to be a hero to other dogs that need one, with 20 percent of its monthly proceeds donated to a designated Shelter of the Month.