Celebrate the first day of fall with a fan-favorite from Acova; enjoy this mouthwatering, fresh berry cobbler (without any pesky gluten) right in the comfort of your home.
- 4 c. fresh or frozen berries (if frozen, do not thaw)
- 1 c. granulated sugar
- ½ c. rice flour
- 1 Tbsp. cornstarch
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 c. rice flour
- ¾ c. rolled oats
- ½ c. sugar
- ½ tsp. kosher salt
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- 1½ sticks (¾ c.) cold unsalted butter, cut into small cubes
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a 10-inch cast iron skillet, toss together berries, sugar, ½ c. rice flour, cornstarch, and salt. Smooth berry mixture into an even layer.
- In a stand mixer with paddle attachment, add the 1 c. rice flour, oats, sugar, salt, and cinnamon. Add butter and mix until texture is coarse and will hold together in clumps when you squeeze it with your hand.
- Spread topping evenly over berry mixture with your hand and press it down lightly.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes until edges are bubbling and the top is golden brown. Serve warm with a side of vanilla ice cream.
Recipe compiled by Callie Miller
Photography courtesy Prim Communications