This traditional red Spanish sangria is made with simple methods and just 6 ingredients. The perfect fruity end-of-summer beverage that’s adaptable and delicious!
Servings 4 (cups)
1/2 medium apple (cored, skin on, chopped into small pieces)
1/2 medium orange (rind on, sliced into small pieces, large seeds removed plus more for garnish)
3-4 Tbsp brown sugar
3/4 cup orange juice (plus more to taste)
1/3 cup brandy (plus more to taste)
750 ml bottle dry Spanish red wine
~1 cup Ice to chill
1. Add apples, oranges, and sugar to a large pitcher and muddle with a muddler or wooden spoon for 45 seconds.
2. Add orange juice and brandy and muddle again to combine for 30 seconds.
3. Add red wine and stir to incorporate, then taste and adjust flavor as needed. You may want to add a bit more brandy, orange juice and brown sugar. Stir to combine.
4. Add ice and stir once more to chill. Serve as is or with a bit more ice. Garnish with orange segments (optional).
5. Store leftovers covered in the refrigerator for up to 48 hours, though best when fresh.
Argonaut Wine & Liquors