National Margarita Day
Happy National Margarita Day! Find the perfect spot to celebrate:
Join bartaco (1048 Pearl St., Boulder) on a sensational cocktail adventure as they launch five fresh + exciting margarita-inspired cocktails. They are kicking-off their Margarita March on #NationalMargaritaDay, Saturday 2/22, and launching the first refreshing marg-remix––the hibiscus mezcalita.
Take a peek at their #bartacoMargaritaMarch five-week schedule below:
- hibiscus mezcalita (2/22-3/3)
- oaxacan sunshine (3/4-3/10)
- verde cooler (3/11-3/17)
- golden hour (3/18-3/24)
- northern lights (3/25-3/31)
Denver loves margaritas and Rayme Rossello, owner of Comida (2501 Dallas St. at Stanley Marketplace), thinks she knows why: an almost perfectly balanced, strong, sweet and sour cocktail that says happiness in a glass. Rayme loves the “splash of sunshine” drink so much she offers upwards of 10 versions of the classic cocktail on her cantina bar menu. A few of the creative and unexpected favorites at Comida include:
- Pineapple Habañero Margarita with habañero-infused tequila along with fresh pineapple, agave, and the classic orange+lemon+lime trifecta.
- The Baby Maker is naughty and sweet at the same time with suerte blanco tequila, an herbal and sweet nostrum strawberry-hibiscus-jalapeño shrub, fresh lime, tart aperol and spicy tajín rim.
- Cabana recalls beachy sunsets with tequila ocho blanco, a hit of tomatillo along with fresh squeezed lemons, limes and guava nectar (optional shot of jalapeño tequila if you dare).
Margaritas at Comida can be had by the glass or, if you dare, by the jar, are always fresh-squeezed everything, and are a perfect antidote to a winter-weary Denver. Happy to share any recipes and/or tips and tricks for the home bartender to make your own at home.
Del Frisco’s Double Eagle Steakhouse
Add a little sunshine to your day and celebrate National Margarita Day at Del Frisco’s Double Eagle Steakhouse (8100 E. Orchard Road, Denver) with their perfected Double Eagle Margarita made with Casa Dragones Blanco, Combier Liqueur d’Orange, Lime and Agave 18. Pair this with one of their Duck Confit tacos, made with carrot slaw, and cheers to this day.