Alpine Publishing Group, publishers of Denver Life Magazine and Denver Life home+design, is seeking qualified candidates for the following positions.
Elevation Media Group is expanding its sales team and is looking for highly motivated, highly energized, experienced sales professionals to work with advertising clients. Advertising and sales experience is required. The magazine has very high production values and is an attractive product to sell. Candidates must exhibit every level of professionalism, professional appearance, organizational skills, and have an outgoing personality. Ability to develop new business is a must.
The position is 100% commission-based, with unlimited potential for annual earnings. We offer a simple compensation plan based solely on sales earned. We do not cap the commissions, so your earning potential truly is unlimited. Elevation Media Group strives to maintain a fun, enjoyable and comfortable work atmosphere in order to ensure the satisfaction of our employees as they are the keys to the company’s success.
- Build and maintain ad revenue for publication by continually prospecting for new accounts, leads and sales opportunities on the phone and in person.
- Service all existing active accounts by maintaining constant contact with clients to ensure that we are meeting and/or exceeding their expectations.
- Maintain a weekly call list which should include prospects and clients contacted, scheduled meetings and likelihood of a signed contract to be reviewed and discussed with publisher on a regular basis.
- Using client research as a guide, prepare sales presentations, budget recommendations, and creative ideas for prospects and current clients.
- Follow up on traffic and production of ads to ensure proper placement and that the correct ad is being run.
- Aggressively pursue new business by following up on leads provided by co-workers and management.
- Regularly review competitive media and identify prospects and opportunities.
- Track sales in the database and ensure that input of all data is correct.
- Develop and maintain both local direct and agency accounts.
- Build relationships in the community to assist the magazine reach revenue goals.
- Represents the company at client and company events to promote business.
Qualifications: 2 years of sales experience is a requirement and preferred within the advertising arena. Candidate must be a highly organized individual with the ability to prospect, cold call, develop new business accounts while also servicing/managing accounts.
How to Apply: Please email your resume to: [email protected]
Responsibilities include proofreading, fact-checking, writing and assisting the editorial team with various digital and print projects. With a specific focus on web content, this is an ideal opportunity for a journalism student or recent journalism graduate seeking to gain experience in the magazine publishing field. Editorial interns work closely with our editorial team and interface with clients and local community professionals, therefore ideal candidates are deadline-oriented, possess polished communication skills, a positive attitude and an attention for detail.
At least 12-15 hours per week with flexible work hours. This internship is for credit hours only; it is an unpaid position.
Interested individuals should submit a resume and three writing samples (published work if available) to Alison Gwinn, Executive Editor: [email protected]
The ideal candidate will meet the following qualifications:
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s Degree program with an emphasis on Graphic Design
- Proficient in Mac OS X, CS 5.5: InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat, Bridge, Microsoft Office and FTP
- Ability to meet deadlines in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- A professional demeanor, good phone skills and the ability to communicate with people from all walks of life
- All applicants must be based in Denver or the surrounding area
Responsibilities of the job will include:
- Assisting the Creative Director through every phase of assembling a magazine, from design, layout and production of editorial and advertising as well as marketing materials
- Organizing and maintaining archives
- Filing, updating web sites, assisting with photo shoots, running errands, working events, press checks and generally helping out with whatever needs to be done
- At least 15-20 hours per week with flexible work hours. This internship is for credit hours only; it is an unpaid position.
Organized and enthusiastic candidates should send a cover letter, resume and a few samples of work in PDF format to Tom Visocchi, Creative Director: [email protected]
The editorial content featured in Denver Life Magazine reflects our readership – sophisticated and savvy, yet down-to-earth, fun and adventurous. We prefer stories that appeal to our affluent, highly educated audience, presented in a relaxed, friendly style. Stories should exude an upbeat, contemporary approach with a strong emphasis on reader service – they should be highly informative and insightful (including sidebars on where to look for more information), as well as light-hearted, clever and inspirational. Since our editorial content is planned in advance, we do not accept unsolicited story pitches from freelance writers.
We welcome inquiries from qualified, experienced freelance writers who are interested in contributing to Denver Life Magazine in accordance with our editorial calendar. Interested individuals should submit a resume and photocopies of three published articles to:
Alpine Publishing Group
8 Inverness Drive E | Suite 100
Englewood, CO 80112
Please do not fax your submission. We regret that we cannot return writing samples or unsolicited photos.